Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Bayern Munich defender is desperate to seal his place in Luiz Felipe Scolari's final 23-man squad and hopes his fine club form will prove enough
Rafinha gunning for World Cup spotBayern Munich defender Rafinha is hopeful he can finish the season strongly in order to seal his place in Brazil's World Cup squad.

The right-back was called up to Luiz Felipe Scolari's squad for their friendly with South Africa earlier this month, his first international appearance in over five years, and made the most of his rare cap with a 90-minute outing in a 5-0 win.

The 28-year-old has been a regular for Bayern this season and believes that playing for the Champions League holders will be of great benefit to his hopes of a World Cup berth.

"As I always say I need to do a good job with my club to be remembered for the Selecao," Rafinha toldSambafoot.

"I am currently in one of the best teams in the world and that helps. I was glad to be remembered and I will continue to work hard at Bayern and maybe I can be on the shortlist for the World Cup."

Brazil are eyeing a sixth World Cup and their first in front of a home crowd, but Rafinha feels that Scolari's men are fully capable of living up to the challenge.

"I think so," he replied when asked if Brazil can win the World Cup. "The group is doing well and everyone is focused on the goal of winning the World Cup at home."
Scolari will name his final 23-man World Cup squad on May 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment