Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Van Gaal: I want to win Premier League titleThe 62-year-old will either retire from coaching after the World Cup or make the move to the Premier League
Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal has reiterated his desire to take charge of one of the title contenders in the Premier League after the World Cup as he is determined to win a league title in a fourth country.

Van Gaal, who has had previous successes in Netherlands, Spain and Germany, will leave his position as Holland coach after this summer's tournament in Brazil and has been linked with clubs such as Manchester United and Tottenham in recent weeks.

"My ambition is to coach a top team in the Premier League. I have never experienced the atmosphere in England," Van Gaal told Bild.

"I want to win the league title in a fourth country. That's my objective and I want to fulfil it.

"Either that, or I will retire and move with my wife to Portugal.

"Of course, I like the Bundesliga a lot, but I have already won the German title. I now want to win a major trophy in another country."

Van Gaal previously won the Eredivisie with Ajax and AZ, La Liga with Barcelona and the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich.

No comments:

Post a Comment